What improvements would you love to make to your life or relationships?
It is one thing to identify your goals but how do we make sure we make the changes we want and don’t just let them become another item on our ‘if only’ list?
I believe that real, permanent transformation can only occur when the following transformation equation is true.
Transformation = (desire + commitment + insight + support) > resistance
So... What does this actually mean in practice?
- We need to have a desire or motivation to change. If we don’t really want the transformation it is not going to happen.
- We need commitment to invest our time, effort and resources into making the change a priority. We need to set aside time to practice and to build new habits.
- We need insight. We need fresh thought on how to approach whatever it is. That might involve learning new things or having a change of perspective.
- We need support. It is hard to make changes on our own. It can help to have others alongside us to encourage us and spur us on.
- And finally ALL of the above combined need to be greater than our resistance if we are going to see the transformation happen. We need to capture a vision of what our life will be like if and when we make the change and that vision needs to be greater than our desire to stay the same and do nothing.
Here are some questions to ponder as you set about initiating the changes you want to happen:
- What is the transformation that you most want to make? How will you know when you have completed it?
- Why do you want this change to happen? What difference will it make to you once the change has occurred?
- What do you need to help you make these changes? What step can you take this week to start?
- What do you need to know to make these changes? Where can you look for inspiration, insight or new knowledge?
- Who can support you as you make these changes? How can you get them on board?
- What might stop you overcoming these changes? How much resistance do you experience and how can you make sure that your transformation equation works in your favour?
If your goals involve improving your relationships or living more authentically then why not join everyone else currently enrolled on the Naked Hedgehog's Kick-Starter programme?
With the support of your online coaches and the online community you will be able to look clearly at your goals and start taking the necessary steps to create the life and relationships you long for.
IF you book before the 9th of September 2015 you will still be able to receive 15% off the final price. Just remember to use the code EARLYBIRD at the checkout when you do.
We would love to hear from you about the changes that you are looking to make and the one step you plan to take this week. Do use the comments section below (or via e-mail privately if you are shy!).